Improving Your Pet’s Life Through the Reduction of Pain
Mountain Vista Animal Hospital is committed to the comfort and wellbeing of pets.We have found that when we manage a pet’s pain,in addition to the comfort of knowing that we have kept the pet comfortable he or she also returns to normal activities much faster. MVAH takes pride in improving your pet’s quality of life by reducing pain.
MULTIMODAL APPROACH TO PET PAIN MANAGEMENT
Rather than just treating pain with one approach, Mountain Vista Animal Hospital has found greater success with evaluating the pet’s unique situation and using multiple tools to return your pet to comfort.
One of the most common uses of a multimodal pain management would be in situations of degenerative joint disorders or arthritis.
Multimodal Pain Management May Include:
- NSAIDS (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Laser Therapy
- Joint Supplements
- Adequan (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan)
- Other supplemental pain medications
- Weight Loss
- Physical Therapy & Massage Educatio
IDENTIFYING SIGNS OF PET PAIN
Pets hide pain in order to avoid the attention of predators. While this can be an effective defense mechanism, it makes it hard for pet owners to recognize when their pets are hurting. Our veterinarians will evaluate your pet and help you determine his or her level of comfort. Some of the signs that a pet is in pain include:
- Hiding or being unusually quiet
- Vocalizing ,crying out, whimpering,howling
- Biting or threatening to bite when touched
- Chewing at a part of the body
- Increased aggression (growling)or submission
- Difficulty eating , drinking, or sleeping
- Less interest in daily activities- playing, going for walks, begging for treats
No matter the source of your pet’s pain, Mountain Vista Animal Hospital will work with you to evaluate your pet’s comfort and together make a plan for ongoing relief.